Pressure Vessel steam and water separation Metallurgical Industry
ASME certification manufacturer
Steam drums are a regular feature in many boiler systems. The steam
drum provides a space for the saturated steam generated in the
tubes and for the separation of moisture from the steam. It is a
reservoir of water/steam at the top end of the water tubes in the
water-tube boiler. Steam drums store the steam generated in the
water tubes and act as a phase separator for the steam/water
1. To mix the saturated water that remains after steam separation
with the incoming feedwater.
2. To mix the chemicals that are put into the drum for the purpose
of Corrosion control and water treatment.
3. To purify the steam by removing contaminants and residual
4. To provide the source for a blowdown system where a portion of
the water is rejected as a means of controlling the boiler water
chemistry and reducing the solids content.
5. To provide a storage of water to accommodate any rapid changes
in the boiler load.
1. It prevents the carry-over of water droplets into the
superheater, where thermal damage could result.
2. It minimizes the carry-under of steam with the water that leaves
the drum, where this residual steam would reduce the circulation
effectiveness of the boiler.
3. It prevents the carry-over of solids. Solids are dissolved in
the water droplets that may be entrained in the steam if not
separated properly. By proper separation, this prevents the
formation of deposits in the superheater and ultimately on the
In this circulation, the water flowing from upper drums through
downcomers which is located in the boiler is relatively cold, flow
down to mud drum. From mud drum, water flow back into the steam
drum after passing through the evaporator tubes.
In this forced circulation, fluid is pumped through the evaporator.
This causes the boiler can work with very high pressures.
ASME 'S' & 'U' STAMP
Established in 1985,Zhangjiagang Hua Dong Boiler Co.,Ltd.(trading
as HD Boiler),produces power plant; industrial; waste heat; waste
incineration; biomass; organic heat carrier and electric steam
boilers. Coupled with a comprehensive range of heating surfaces, HD
Boiler brings to the market a unique service including boiler
design , fabrication, installation, maintenance and replacement of
boiler pressure parts.
1. Fabrication area of 200,000 square meters
2. 150 Engineers
3. 600 Coded welders
4. 60 Licensed Inspectors(NDT Level-III instructors)
5. Class-A Licenses for Design and Manufacture Boiler
6. ISO 9001:2008 Quality System
7. ASME Certificate of Power Boilers
8. ASME 'S','U' and NB stamp authorization
Design and Manufacturing capacity
1. Two automatic coiler production lines
2. Hot bending to minimum bending radius 0.6D
3. Membrane wall tube bending , with horizontal and vertical panel
4. Panel fabrication for up to for 1000MW power plant boilers
5. Fabrication of CFB Boiler Cyclone Separators
6. Fabrication of Header to Chinese standards(GB), US standards
(ASME), or EU standard (EN)
7. Broad range of heat treatment equipment including 10 furnaces,
offering normalizing and tempering